Sunday, April 19, 2009

Rediscovery

I absolutely love it when I find myself in a funk and turn to some good tunes to cheer me up (or help me wallow through my self-pity). Even better than that is when I re-discover fantastic jams that I hadn't listened to in ages.

Take, for instance, The Stills' "Logic Will Break Your Heart." Fantastic album, with some really memorable songs for me. "Still In Love" really takes me back to my high school years. Equally fantastic was my re-discovery of Cursive, a band I initially despised, came to adore, and subsequently forgot. Both "The Ugly Organ" and "Happy Hollow" got me through some particularly dramatic moments in college.

Although I often complain that I'm out of touch with the newest "hot" thing in the States, for the moment I'm happy being taken back to a previous era in my life.

No comments: