Friday, May 15, 2009

It's official: I'm allergic to Spain

Yesterday, I took a visit to the doctor in hopes that he could tell me something about the incessant itching and runny nose I have. During my 10-minute consultation (no joke!), he prescribed me some antihistamines and some ointment for the inside of my nose. Much as I imagined, he confirmed my theory that there's something in the air giving me that stuffed up feeling in my sinuses as if I'm getting sick, without the mucus, coughing and tiredness that actually accompanies a cold.

But in addition to the pollen and pollution in the air giving my nose a hard time, apparently Madrid also has particles of cocaine making it difficult for me to breathe.

It's...interesting, perhaps, to know that in addition to all other grievances I have against the people of this country, I can add "likely to be a coke head" to the list. Jo'e, macho!

2 comments:

Amanda Lee said...

I read about this! Too funny- don't worry you don't have too much longer there. And you can go to rehab when you get back stateside!

Dulce Compania said...

Welcome to the allergy club. Damn, I have never had allergies before...until I moved to Madrid, now I am on allergy meds that make me super drowsy...and now I have cocaine to worry about...great. Thanks Spain.

Let's hang out soon!

Un beso